A farm lease refers to a document which is the evidence of the contract of renting a farm on lease by the owner to the lessee. It is important to keep the farm lease ready at hand for the purpose of assurance and security. Once you have the evidence of contract written down, both the lessor and lessee are settled in a harmonious relationship. As a legally effective document, a lease ensures trust and is mandatory before a farm area is rented out. There are certain things that should be adhered to while writing down a farm lease.
- A farm lease should have the details of the amount paid for leasing the farm and the duration of the contract.
- Clarity should be maintained while you are writing the various terms and conditions so that there is no confusion in the future.
- The area details of the farm and other information necessary for the lessee to know should be mentioned in the farm lease agreement. The lease should also mention the allowed activities in the farm.
- Besides the essential details about the contract and the farm that is being rented, it is important to provide information about the lessee and the lessor in the farm lease clearly. In case of disputes this acts as evidence.
- Once all the terms are conveyed both the lessee and lessor should sign in order to make the contract legally effective.
Thus considering these points one can draft a far lease as per their needs and requirements.