How to Get Out of a Lease Agreement

By | October 4, 2012

Lease is a binding agreement between the property owner and an individual who took it for the lease. When an individual is no more interested in the lease agreement he/she should think of how to get out of a lease agreement. Breaking of a lease agreement may be easy or difficult based on the conditions. Some of the methods to get out of lease agreements are given below.

Methods to get out of a lease agreement

Uninhabitable damage

You could pay penalty to get out or to break a lease agreement. If there is a fixed term agreement then the penalty for the fixed period should be paid to the property owner. If there is an uninhabitable damage to the property in which you are not responsible, then you can avoid the penalty for breaking the agreement.

Rent agreement

  • To get out of the rent agreement, explain your current situations to the owner clearly and ask him/her to let you out of the agreement. Be honest in your explanation.
  • The other way is to find the sublease to your rental property when getting out of the agreement. But before finding a sublease you should take an approval from the owner.
  • If there is a lawyer to evaluate the lease, then it would be very easy to get out of the lease agreement or the contract.
  • If you get an employment in other area which is far away from the present area, then it is easy to break the agreement without paying any penalty.

Car lease agreement

For getting out of the car lease agreement find a sublease to your lease contract or give back the car to the company by paying the termination fee. Then it would be easy to transfer the car lease by visiting online car rental sites. That site provides you the registration process. When the required information is provided it gives a list of cars. In that you should select your car of interest.

Commercial lease agreement

  • First look for the termination period. Some of the commercial leases provide specific conditions to get out of the agreement without any penalty. If you do not qualify such conditions then the penalty must be paid to the property owner.
  • Take the agreement papers to the lawyer when your landlord or the owner refuses to terminate the agreement.
  • Get an assistance of the rental advisor or representative in identifying sublease to fulfill your lease for the leftover period. Depending on the conditions, you should pay the rent till you find a sublease even if you are not residing in that place.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *