A sample auto lease is one which provides an outline of the auto lease so that both participants, the seller and the customer, are satisfied with the provisions contained therein. It is a document with legal efficacy and thus must be written with care. Both participants must read an auto lease thoroughly before signing as any breach of contract will have legal repercussions.
Sample Auto Lease:
Lease number: 457872
This auto lease is to confirm that I, Robert Martin, as lessee, have leased a vehicle [license plate: 374H73, model: Passetti 37] from the lesser, Clive Stewart, owner of Autofix, on 11th day of May, 2011. This lease is valid till 21st June 2011. Details of the contract are stated below:
- Date(s) of validity: 11th May 2011 to 21st June 2011
- Payment made: an initial payment of $ 30000 has been made to the lesser be means of cheque [Cheque number: 4264363]. The remaining amount of $20000 will be paid at the end of the contract.
- Proofs submitted: Driver’s License, Residential Proof [Passport] and Income Certificate. [Check enclosed photocopies]. These have been duly attested.
- The deed has been closed in the presence of: Robert Graves [attorney at law] and Dorothy Shriver.
- If the vehicle is damaged in any manner at the time of handing over, it will be considered to be a breach of contract.
- In case of a breach of contract, the lessee is liable to be penalized with up to 2 years in imprisonment and a fine of $300000
Signature[s]: ___________________________________ [Robert Martin]
___________________________________ [Clive Stewart]