With the advancement of technology, copiers are becoming increasingly unaffordable. Copier leasing has thus become a regular mode of cutting down the company’s investment. A sample copier lease is a scheme of a copier lease that furnishes provisions related to a contract made between a seller and a customer. It is a legal document and violations of the provisions can result in serious legal consequences. The clauses are put together by reaching a consensus and both buyer and seller must read them carefully before signing.
Sample Copier Lease
Lease number: 476302
This copier lease is to confirm that I, Michelle Rosenthal, as lessee, have leased a copier [Model number: Felton CX3400] from the lesser, Ben Hopkins, owner of the Felton Group of Companies, on 12th February, 2011.This lease is valid till 12th February, 2012. Details of the contract are given below:
- Date(s) of validity: 12th February, 2011 to 12th February, 2012.
- Payment made: An initial payment of $200,000 has been made to the lesser by means of a cheque [Cheque number 539201]. The remaining amount of $100,000 will be paid at the end of the contract.
- Proofs submitted: Income Certificate, Residential Proof, Business License [Check enclosed photocopies]. These have been duly attested.
- The deed has been closed in the presence of : Jade Buss [attorney of law]
- If any part of the copier is damaged or it malfunctions at the time of returning, it will be taken as breach of contract.
- In case of breach of contract, the lessee will be subjected to up to 4 years of imprisonment and a fine of $60000.
Signature[s]: ___________________________________ [Michelle Rosenthal]
___________________________________ [Ben Hopkins]