An economical way of maintaining the fertility of a piece of land is farm leasing. A sample farm lease is a systematic presentation of a farm lease providing the details of a contract between two persons, the land owner and the tenant. The two come to an agreement with regard to the conditions which are then included in the contract. It is a legal contract and infringement of the terms and conditions has punitive results. It should be written with utmost care and signed only after reading and understanding the conditions clearly.
Sample Farm Lease:
Lease number: 286347
This farm lease is to confirm that I, John Effron, as lessee, have leased a plot of land [Area: 5 acres approximately, Location: Western frontier of Collin village, New Yorkshire, UK] from the lesser, Martin Love, owner of the land, on 14th March, 2011. This lease expires on 20th August, 2011. Details of the contract are stated below:
- Date(s) of validity: 14th March, 2011 to 20th August, 2011.
- Payment made: An initial amount of $40,000 has been paid by means of cheque [Cheque number: 532645]. The remaining amount of $40,000 will be paid after the expiry of the contract.
- Proofs submitted: Residential Proof, Income Certificate, Farmer’s Identity Card [Check enclosed photocopies]. The documents are all duly attested.
- The deed has been closed in the presence of: Marc Herington [attorney of law]
- If the land’s fertility level is affected at the end of the contract due to faulty improvisation of machines or fertilizers, it will be considered as breach of contract.
- In case of breach of contract, the tenant will be liable to punishment of up to 5 years of imprisonment and fine of $200,000.
Signature[s]: ___________________________________ [John Effron]
___________________________________ [Martin Love]