A short term farm lease refers to a lease agreed for a considerably short span of time during which the landowner and the tenant holds a strictly professional relationship. The document is thus crafted by considering the legal implications of such a lease and stating them unambiguously in the provisional area for the parties to approve and execute them loyally.
Sample Short-Term Farm Lease
Farm lease number: 46292730
This farm lease has been drawn up between landowning party, Mr. Charles Darby, and tenant party, Mr. David Buchannan for the lease of a plot of land for agricultural purposes.
Description of the land is as follows:
- The area of the land is 20 acres.
- The land is located at Westmont Street, landmark Sugary-Confectioners, situated at the east side of the land.
- The soil is highly fertile characterised by a pH value of 6.5.
- The land is bounded by plantations on all four sides.
Description of the tenure is as follows:
- The lease has been initiated on 9th August, 2011 as per mutual decision of the two active parties.
- The lease will embark on 5th September, 2011 and end on 5th December, 2011 but will remain free to be extended according to the provisions given in page 2.
Description of the transactions is as follows:
- The tenant has granted to pay the rental fee of $500 per acre per year. Total rental fee is $60, 000 which will be paid on an annual basis.
- The fee will remain open to negotiation annually.