A standard residential lease consists of the fundamental points that need to mentioned in a residential lease agreement and that can be used or modified according to one’s needs. It is made when the owner of a property decides to lease his house to a tenant in exchange for a monthly rent for a particular duration. The tenant must agree to certain terms and conditions mentioned by the owner in the lease agreement, and the landlord also has to conform to certain rules and guidelines for maintaining the house. The lease should include the rent and security amount and mention the names and addresses of the both parties, the house leased clearly.
Sample Standard Residential Lease:
This residential lease agreement has been created by the lessor David Hoffman and lessee Matt Daniels on March 14, 2012 whereby the lessor has agreed to lease the house mentioned in the address below to the tenant in return for a monthly rent also mentioned below:
- Property Address: 911 Mt Bonnet Drive, Denver
- Rent per month: $1,600
- Refundable security deposit: $5,000
- Term: 1 year
Terms and Conditions:
- The tenant has the right to use the property as a house and if he uses it for commercial purposes the contract may be terminated
- The tenant must pay the rent within the first 3 days of every month
- Both parties must give a notice period of 30 days for termination of contract
The undersigned understand and accept the terms and conditions mentioned above.
Signature (Landlord): Date: March 14, 2012
Signature (Tenant): Date: March 14, 2012
Signature (Witness): Date: March 14, 2012