When a tenant rents a part or whole of the property leased by him to a third person, then the lease is known as sublease. Even if it is fully subleased, the first tenant is responsible to the land lord for the payment of rent and all other obligations. There is no contract between the landlord and the sub tenant.
Sample Sub Tenant Lease
This is a sublease agreement between Lisa George who is the tenant in the original lease agreement dated 1st January 2011 and henceforth the sublessor and William Henry henceforth is the sub tenant to sub lease the 1st Floor of the property on 213, Bark lane, California, U.S.A. under the terms specified below.
- The tenure of the sublet lease is of 2 years commencing on 1st January 2012 and ending on 31st December 2013.
- The sub tenant is liable to pay a rent of $ 5000 per month payable on 1st day of each month in advance.
- The rent should be payable in cash.
- The sub tenant is liable to pay for all the utilities related to the sub leased premises used by him.
- Sub tenant shall hand over the premises and all the furniture and decorations within the sub leased area to the sub tenant in the same condition as it is presently, normal wear and tear accepted.
- The sub tenant shall be accountable to the sub lessor for reparation caused to the leased premises or to the property building done by the sub tenant or his guests.
- The sub lease incorporates and is conditional to the original lease contract between the sublessor and his lessor, a copy of which is enclosed.
- The sub tenant agrees to take over all the liabilities and responsibilities which are of the sublessor in the original lease agreement.
The parties hereby agree to all the terms and conditioned listed above on 20th December 2011.
Signature of the Sub lessor:
Signature of the Sub tenant:
Signature of the Lessor: